We love to plan simple, easy campfire meals whenever we go camping and this one perfect. Baked Potato Supper is a hit with both Darcy and the boys whenever we head into the great outdoors!
Inspired by these Potato Boats from Angie.
Baked Potato Supper
Author: Heather @ Twin Dragonfly Designs
Recipe type: Camping
- 4 large baker potatoes (tip: bake and wrap in foil at home to pack for camping)
- 10-12 Ham slices
- 10-12 Pepperoni slices
- 10 - 12 Cheese slices
- 4 tsp Butter
- 4 Tbsp Sour cream
- ¼ cup Chives
- Bacon bits (optional)
- Slice the potatoes, not quite all the way through about four sections for each potato.
- Fill slices with alternating ham, pepperoni and cheese layers. Wrap in tin foil.
- Cook on the fire or grill for about 20 minutes or until the potato is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Top with butter, sour cream and chives. Bacon bits are a great addition too!