Hey guys! As I type this post, I am surrounded by hundreds of cookies and goodies from our most recent holiday baking exchange. I can’t wait to package them all up and deliver them to friends and family during the holidays… if the boys and I don’t eat them all first *wink*. These Candy Cane Brownie Cake Pops are a byproduct of my contribution to this years baking exchange…
These cake pops are AHmazing!!! Seriously, so good. And the result of a recipe malfunction! Ha ha. This year I decided to make Candy Cane Brownies for our annual baking exchange. After pulling the first batch out of the oven I made the mistake of trying to take the brownies out of the pan before they were completely cool. They fell apart. I was left with an entire pan full of moist, delicious broken brownies.
What do you do with broken candy cane brownies? Make these Candy Cane Brownie Cake Pops of course!
I made a trip to Michaels and picked up Candy Cane Candy Melts, lollipop sticks and crushed candy cane bits. Then I simply assembled the cake pops.
- Candy Cane Brownie recipe cooked and cooled
- Lollipop sticks
- 12 oz bag of Wilton Peppermint Candy Melts
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil or melted shortening
- ½ cup crushed peppermint candy canes
- Roll walnut sized balls from the cooked brownie.
- Melt peppermint candy melts in a microwave safe dish, add oil and mix well.
- Dip the tip of the lollipop stick in chocolate and insert half way into brownie ball.
- Dip the entire ball into the chocolate and coat completely.
- Dip the cake pop into crushed candy cane bits (optional).
- Place into a styrofoam tray to set.
Trust me, they taste even better than they look!!! Promise.
These Candy Cane Brownie Cake Pops would be a perfect addition to any of your holiday festivities. The peppermint and chocolate flavours are delish and the candy cane coating is always a hit! I would love to see these packaged and individually wrapped in cellophane. They would make the cutest party favours!!