This simple soup is a family favorite in our house. Perfect for busy days and full of flavour it is sure to become one of your favorites too! The addition of diced tomatoes and fresh spinach make it a balanced meal as well. This is just one of 50 Easy Week Night Meal Ideas in todays post! I have joined a group of talented bloggers, brought together by Sarah at Becoming Martha, to share some of our favorite recipes. Epic right?!
Cheesy Tortellini Slow Cooker Soup
Author: Heather @ Twin Dragonfly Designs
Recipe type: Slow Cooker
Serves: 6 servings
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 250 g original cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- ½ cup diced onion
- 5 oz fresh spinach
- 350 g fresh, three cheese tortellini
- fresh shredded asiago cheese
- Combine first five ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low 2-4 hours.
- Thirty minutes before serving add spinach and tortellini and cook on high.
- Top with asiago cheese and serve.
This Cheesy Tortellini Soup can be made in a slow cooker for easy meal planning or on the stove top for even more versatility. I love to add a variety of vegetables and every time that I make this soup it is just slightly different. Try adding broccoli, cauliflower, onion, celery or peas.