This is an incredible gluten free chocolate oatmeal & banana muffin recipe that you wont want to forget. These muffins have a rich, moist texture that is sure to be a hit with the whole family. I had to hide our last batch in the freezer for lunches or they all would have been eaten! You guys know that we have been on a mission to change our lifestyle and eat healthier as a family. This is seriously one of our favorite recipes so far!
I mean, how amazing do these look?! They taste just as good, I promise. This is a great guilt free muffin perfect for breakfast, lunch or dessert!
- ¼ cup almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 2 large bananas, ripe
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ¾ cup steel cut oats
- 2 Tbsp hemp hearts (optional)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup chopped semi sweet chocolate or chocolate chips (reserve 2-3 Tbsp)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray the muffin pan with non stick spray.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into each muffin cavity until ¾ full.
- Top with reserved chocolate.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
You will love these delicious muffins! Enjoy!