In the last few months I have been experimenting with all kinds of healthier recipes as we try to reduce the amount of processed foods that we eat. These Crunchy Granola Bars are one of our family favorites so far.
This recipe makes a lot of bars! I love that they last longer than a day or too and are perfect for school lunches. I store them in an air tight container in the cupboard for up to two weeks.
- 5½ cups oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- ¾ cup honey
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Place honey and brown sugar in a small sauce pan and dissolve over medium heat until combined.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour this mixture over the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Press the mixture onto a tinfoil lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees until golden (about 30 minutes).