I am so excited to share this recipe with you today! We’ve already started our camping season and I have been on the lookout for fabulous new dishes to try. This Pineapple Coconut Tinfoil Packet Chicken is sure to become a favorite and one that you will want to pack on your next camping trip!
I absolutely love tinfoil packet meals because they make clean up while in the great outdoors a breeze! When preparing this dish you can choose to layer the chicken on top of one pineapple skin or sandwich it between two, depending on how much pineapple you have.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 whole pineapple
- 1 can (165 ml) coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste
- Cut chicken breast in half (butterfly open)
- In a large ziploc bag combine chicken, coconut milk and curry
- Marinade overnight (or for at least 2 hours) in the fridge
- Cut pineapple into quarters, reserve skin with ¼" pineapple still remaining
- On a piece of tin foil layer pineapple skin and chicken
- Top with pineapple skin (optional)
- Wrap in foil
- Cook on BBQ or in a campfire for 10-12 mins or until cooked through
For this recipe you only need four ingredients and all of the prep work can be done at home before you even leave on your trip!
Simply prepare the chicken as directed and combine with coconut milk and curry in a large ziploc bag. Marinade for a few hours or overnight in the fridge.
When ready to cook layer the chicken on top of the pineapple skin.
Wrap in tinfoil and cook on the BBQ or fire for 10-12 minutes.
Look at this chicken… it’s infused with the flavours of coconut, pineapple, curry and is beyond moist and delicious. My friend Stephan introduced me to this recipe and as a talented cook we are lucky that he shared it! Paired with his Quinoa Summer Salad this makes the perfect meal for enjoying while camping or sitting on the patio. Be sure to check out all of my Camping Recipes for more ideas and inspiration!