October brings to mind the smell of something delicious coming from the oven and being served with a hot drink ~ can we say, my house for a Chai Tea Latte later?! YUM. These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect example of that. Perfect for an afternoon snack or lunch box treat.
- ⅓ cup margarine
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 1¼ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugars, margarine and egg.
- Mix in vanilla extract and pumpkin.
- Add dry ingredients and combine well.
- Scoop into walnut sized balls and drop onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-15 mins.
I can feel good about packing these in the boys bento lunches because at least I know that they have a few healthy ingredients and are home made. Truly the kids love them and always request more! Substitute the pumpkin puree for apple sauce and the pumpkin spice for cinnamon and you have a whole new cookie! Moist and flavourful these are truly delicious.