This is the perfect pumpkin recipe for fall. Moist, delicious and slightly sweet you are going to want to make these Pumpkin Spice Scones tonight!
I love that these are light, flaky and that with just a touch of icing you can kick up the sweet factor… or not. Your choice.
- 2½ cups flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup margarine
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together sugar and margarine.
- Add eggs, sour cream and pumpkin.
- Sift together remaining dry ingredients.
- Add this mixture to the wet ingredients and combine well.
- Form dough into two balls.
- Place each ball onto a greased cookie sheet and flatten into a larger circle about 1" thick.
- Bake for 20-25 mins.
- Remove from oven and use a pizza cutter to cut into wedges.
- Top with a mixture of icing sugar and milk if desired.
Serve them with a Pumpkin Spice Latte and you are sure to win a hostess of the year award! SO GOOD!