Hello, hello friends! This recipe is the perfect addition to your summer barbecuing season. Its fresh, sweet, colourful and best of all… delicious. Be sure to add this Rainbow Quinoa Salad to your must try list!
This salad combines many of my favorite flavours. Blueberry, pineapple, watermelon and cilantro are all mixed to perfection.
- 1 cup uncooked Quinoa
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup diced pineapple
- ½ cup diced watermelon
- 2 Tbsp finely diced scallion
- 1-2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil blueberries with 1 cup of water until cooked
- Strain out blueberries and reserve water
- Cook quinoa according to package directions in blueberry water, add water if needed
- Allow quinoa to cool completely
- Dice/chop fresh ingredients
- In a medium bowl combine and mix all ingredients well
Cook the quinoa in blueberry juice for a subtle flavour and glorious colour!
Simple, fresh ingredients give this salad its light, sweet and colourful flavour. Add more or less of each ingredient as desired. I used far less onion than pictured and more pineapple. Fresh squeezed lime and salt and paper are the perfect finish to creating this dish.
This salad travels beautifully and can be saved in the fridge for at least three days. Perfect for camping, travelling or packing a picnic at the park. My friend Stephan shared this recipe with me and it’s my favorite so far! He keeps raving about his blue cheese burgers so those might be next on the list *wink*.
Doesn’t this Rainbow Quinoa Salad just look stunning? It’s sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next BBQ or potluck! Wait! Shot-gun bringing this to MY next potluck. Paired with this Pineapple Coconut Tinfoil Packet Chicken and this dish is a show stopper!